HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
MAGNET Recruitment is committed to providing and maintaining an environment and system of work that is safe and without undue risk to employees and others. We will strive to protect employees from accidental harm and our property from accidental damage through consultation and a focus on continuous improvement.
It is our intention that people at all levels in our business shall be committed to achieving the highest standards of Health & Safety management throughout the organisation. To this end, all employees will be inducted to MAGNET Recruitment standard and it shall be reinforced to them that health and safety management is an integral part of our workplace and work practices. Employees will share in the benefits of maintaining a healthy and safe place of work. Maintaining safe working practices and reporting any unsafe acts or incidents shall demonstrate their commitment to safety.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. No one in this organisation should feel compelled to work unsafely. We shall at all times ensure that:
- Hazard identification and control procedures are operating throughout the workplace to prevent personal injury.
- Consultation with employee representatives regarding health and safety management is valued and occurs regularly.
- All equipment is maintained in a serviceable state and any defect or fault reported immediately.
- All employees will be provided with the necessary support for the safe and structured return to work after an injury.
- All employees are provided with necessary instructions and adequate training.
- Personal protective equipment is provided as required and its safe use understood and encouraged.
- All practicable steps and precautions are taken to ensure the safety of our customers and other visitors.
- All operations in the workplace will comply with the applicable, relevant health and safety statutory requirements.
- A comprehensive and up-to-date plan for all emergencies is in place.
Individual employees will meet their obligations to take all practicable steps to ensure their own and other health and safety, and are encouraged to become actively involved in assisting management achieve a healthy and safe workplace.